For those who think insurance companies are unaware of the laws pertaining to accidents, they are in for a surprise. Insurance companies have the best legal teams on board to solve cases related to accidents and the subsequent settlement. Such teams make sure that the settlement is as less as possible. They are experts at minimizing settlement claims, especially in bodily injury instances. Claim settlers are, most often than not, are in for a loss when they try to challenge insurance companies based on their limited knowledge. This brings us to the most important question, what is the right time to hire an accident lawyer?
When is the right time to hire Brooklyn accident lawyer?
It would be advisable to hire an accident lawyer in Brooklyn in following cases:
- You are involved in an accident where you have sustained severe injuries with might result in long-term consequences.
- Driver of the other party is underinsured or even uninsured.
- There exists a dispute between you and the other party’s driver as to who is at fault.
- You are under grave pressure by the claim adjuster for agreeing to a rapid claim settlement. (This is because in most of the cases rapid settlement may not be a fair one)
- You have been feeling that you will not be fairly compensated for the current as well as future medical expenses that result from the car accident injury.
- You feel that the statute of limitation laws of your state might apply before you challenge your claim settlement.
- When it is not necessary to hire Brooklyn accident lawyer?
It is not necessary to hire accident lawyers in Brooklyn in the following situation:
It is not necessary to hire a private injury attorney in cases where you have sustained minor car accident injury. You will not be able to cover the expenses of even hiring an attorney if you are just bruised or have minor injuries.
What to anticipate from Brooklyn accident lawyers?
Do not, in any case, expect a rapid settlement if you have opted to take the concerned insurance company on the court, even if you have hired an experienced accident lawyer. In spite of every claim settlement case being different, one cannot expect that they will settle quickly as some might even take years to resolve. The dates get extended in areas where the population is high and court calendars are engaged.
Basis of Fees of Brooklyn car accident lawyers
Most of the personal injury attorneys engage with clients on contingency base, which means that clients are charged a fixed contingency fee that is based on the settlement of the court. Further, this contingency fee is dependent on the case. If the case is complex and attorney an experienced one in the field, he might charge as high as 40 percent of the claim settlement as contingency fees. It would be advisable to inquire about the contingency fees of the lawyers before engaging him. Clients are even expected to pay for all the expenses related to the court like the court fees, filing costs, copying expenses, etc.
When to appoint Brooklyn car accident lawyers?
In the following cases:
- Damages occurred to the vehicle is considerable and large.
- Liability remains to be resolved.
- The claim amount is not adequate in relation to the damages occurred.